Blenheim Palace, Downton Abbey Village & The Cotswolds - excluding entrancesLondon Stadium
Want to escape the the crowds of London and enjoy see English countryside? This tour will take you through the green and hilly county of Oxfordshire, renowned for its stately homes and typical market towns. See the beautiful Blenheim Palace, where Sir Winston Churchill was born and raised,...more
- periode 2019-12-27 - 2025-04-01
- sted London Stadium
Looking to see some English countryside? This tour will take you through the green and hilly county of Oxfordshire, renowned for its stately homes and typical market towns. See the beautiful Blenheim Palace, where Sir Winston Churchill was born and raised, and see some of the most famous locations from the BBC TV series 'Downton Abbey'.
- Enjoy a scenic drive through Oxfordshire Cotswolds
- See Sir Winston Churchill´s* birth place
- Explore two traditional English villages
- Visit filming locations from 'Downton Abbey'
What can I expect on the tour?
Escape from the hustle and bustle of London and breathe in the stunning beauty and charm of the Cotswolds. Designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) in 1966, is the third largest protected landscape in England.
Downton Abbey Village
The first stop on this tour will be the quaint little village of Bampton. Fans of Downtown Abbey will surely recognise many of the locations used in the filming of the popular TV series, such as Isobel Crawley's home, the Downton Cottage Hospital, the village church, and the locations of 2 ficitional pubs: The Grantham Arms and The Dog & Duck.
The Cotswolds and Bourton-on-the-Water
To reach our next destination we will continue on our journey through the delightful English countryside until we reach the gorgoeus village of Bourton-on-the-Water. Sprawling across the River Windrush, it is known as the 'Venice of the Costwolds', and is a definite must-see while visiting the Cotswolds!
Take a stroll down the river banks, enjoy a traditional afternoon tea in a riverside café, or browse the local shops offering everything from homemade ice cream to interesting souvenirs.
Currently the private residence of the 11th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough, this impressive stately home is best-known as the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill.
Visit the State Rooms, lavishly decorate with portraits, furniture by Boulle, carpet by Savonniere and a famous series of tapestries 'Victories', depicting the Duke´s victory over the French armies of 'The Sun King', Louis XIV, at the Battle of Blenheim.
Explore Churchill´s most cheshired corners in the grounds of the Palace, including the spot where he proposed to Clementine Hozier, and take a beautiful walk through the landscaped gardens designed by Lancelot 'Capability' Brown.
Meeting Point: Victoria Coach Station
Please go to the EvanEvans Tours Welcome Desk at Victoria Coach Station, located in-front of Gates 1 and 2, where they will direct you to the correct departure gate. Victoria Coach Station is a 10-15 minute walk from London Victoria Train Station and Victoria Underground Station. Please be sure to arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
End Point: London Victoria Train Station
The tour ends at London Victoria Train Station, in central London. Accessible by national rail and underground ( Victoria, District and Circle Lines), various different bus routes and local taxis.
- Tour departs at 9:00 am, Victoria Coach Station (boarding starts at 8:30 am)
- Tour finishes approx 7:00 pm, Victoria Train Station
- Entrance to Blenheim Palace is only included if this option is selected during the booking process
- This Tour does not visit Highclere Castle from the Downton Abbey series
- Disclaimer: This Tour is an unlicensed and unauthorised tour of sites featured in the television series 'Downton Abbey' produced by Carnival Film and Television and NBCUniversal International Limited. Evan Evans Tours Limited and this tour do not have any association with, connection to, sponsorship by or endorsement of, the television series 'Downton Abbey', Carnival Film and Television or NBCUniversal International Limited
-On board wi-fi
-Personal audio headset
-Usb charging ports on board
-Entrance to Blehnheim Palace (Optional extra)
-Hotel pick up or drop off